Creamy Parmesan Tomato Soup
As harvest comes to an end, this is the perfect soup to create using those garden fresh tomatoes
Anyone else get over ambitious with their garden in June? Plant way too many vegetables, give them love for a few weeks and then forget about them until the frost comes? Guilty! Thank goodness my tomato plants took care of themself, giving me a plentiful return!
This soup comes together so easily – full of fresh garden tomatoes, basil, chile and garlic for the most creamy bowl of deliciousness!
- 3 1/2 lbs fresh tomatoes (I used plum and better boy tomatoes, but you can use whatever you like) – you basically need enough to cover a 18×13 inch sheet pan
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 fresno chile pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large handful of basil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup – 3/4 cup finely grated reggiano parmesan cheese
- rind from reggiano parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Evenly space the tomatoes, garlic and chile pepper on the prepared sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 1 hour, tossing the tomatoes half way.
3. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 mins. Once tomatoes have cooled, add to your blender or vitamix along with vegetable broth and a handful of basil.
4. Pour the soup mixture into a large pot and place over medium low heat. Stir in the cream, sugar and the rind from a brick of parmesan cheese.
5. Stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until the soup has reduced slightly. Lastly, add in the finely grated reggiano parmesan. Taste for flavour – add in extra salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Serve hot with fresh croutons or crusty sourdough and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!