Air Fryer Shrimp with Sesame Veg Bowl
The most delicious Asian inspired rice bowl!
While I’m not a huge fan of resolutions, I am a huge fan of goals and commitments for the year ahead. One of my commitments was to create some new flavored dishes to serve my family. Having three year old twins, we can fall into noodles with cheese, chicken tenders and yogurt black hole quickly! My goal is to continue to introduce unique textures and flavors that someone will hopefully eat! Hopefully this dish inspires you try to something new!
To Make This Meal Prep-Friendly: Have your rice cooked ahead of time, and buy your shrimp already shelled, cleaned, and deveined.
- 1 cup sushi rice, cooked
- 2-3 cups raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2-3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cucumber, sliced
- 2-3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Sesame Veg Sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp pure sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- squeeze of lime juice
1. Place chopped broccoli into a large bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes then drain.
2. Start by organizing your ingredients. You will need three seperate bowls. One for panko, one for flour and one for the eggs.
3. Dreadge your shrimp in flour, followed by egg, followed by panko.
4. Place shrimp into the air fryer basket for 12 minutes @ 390 degrees. Flipping half way
5. While shrimp are cooking, prepare the sesame cucumber salad. Combine shaved carrots, cucumbers, green onions and cilantro.
6. Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey and chili flakes. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
7. Lastly combine mayo, sriracha and lime juice. Whisk until smooth.
8. Create your bowl! Over a bed of suchi rice, add the asian slaw (with extra dressing!), red peppers, avocado and top with shrimp. Drizzle sriracha mayo and enjoy!
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!