Aunty Cathy’s Rum Cake
Moist, decadent and absolutely delicious
Sometimes it’s hard to even fathom dessert after a month (or two!) of treats and sweets leading up to Christmas. I usually put out a plate of baking AND! this Rum Cake.
This recipe has been passed down by my aunty Cathy – a family favourite for sure!
Give it a try this holiday season and let me know what you think!
- 1 box (432g) golden cake mix
- 1 package (102g) of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum for cake
- 1/2 cup dark rum for glaze
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10″ fluted cake pan or a 9″ springform pan.
2. Beat together the cake mix, eggs, vanilla pudding mix, water, oil and 1/2 cup of rum. Pour into cake pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour. Let the cake cool, then invert it onto a plate/cake stand. Poke holes along the top with a knife, this will help the glaze soak through.
1. Melt butter on medium heat. Add to that white sugar and water, whisking frequently. Allow this to come to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of rum.
2. Gradually pour the rum butter mixture all over the cake. Top with powdered sugar.
Slice into servings and top with fresh whipping cream or a scoop of ice cream!
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!