I won’t call this one quick and easy – there are a few steps involved – but it’s all simple fresh ingredients and I promise it’s worth the effort!
This dish is so full of flavour and checks all of the boxes to make everyone happy!
- 2-3 Chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated grana padano cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Basil (fresh ideally!)
- Spaghetti noodles
- Chili flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Start by organizing your ingredients. You’ll need
- one bowl for flour (add in salt & pepper)
- one bowl for your eggs (whisk really well!)
- one bowl for mixing breadcrumbs, chopped thyme, Italian seasoning and finely grated parmesan cheese
- baking dish – pour 1 & 1/2 cups of marinara along the bottom, set aside
3. Prep your chicken breasts. You will want to cut the breast in half length wise, so you’ve got a nice thin fillet. I like to use a rolling pin to thin out the chicken even more. FYI, put a piece of Saran Wrap over the chicken to prevent spread
4. Begin heating up your pan on medium high heat, with 2 tbsp olive oil
5. Next up, you are going to dredge your chicken breast through the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Begin to flash fry your breast in the hot oil, approximately 3 mins per side. Once completed, lay side by side in your baking dish, on top of the marinara sauce
6. Using the remaining marinara from the jar, spoon out along the centre of the chicken breast. Top with shredded grana padano cheese. Bake for 20 mins uncovered
7. While chicken is baking, start boiling your spaghetti
8. In the same frying pan you seared your chicken in, add 1 tbsp olive oil on medium low heat, along with 6-7 cloves of chopped garlic. Stirring frequently. Add in 1 tsp chili flakes
9.Once spaghetti has cooked, toss it into your pan with garlic/chili flake and mix in 1/4 cup chopped basil
10. Last step!! Dish up spaghetti noodles, layer on a piece of chicken with plenty marinara sauce and top with more fresh herbs – can use thyme, basil or parsley
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!