Quick and easy weekday meal!
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1-2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and loosely chopped
- 1/2 cup tzaztiki
- Naan bread (I used store bought but you can absolutely make your own!)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Start by rinsing canned chickpeas and lay out on a tea towel to dry – this step will help get the chickpeas nice and crispy
2. On medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet. Add in the chickpeas and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently so the chickpeas don’t burn.
3. Add in the oregano, cumin, garlic powder, paprika and 1/4 tsp sea salt & 1/4 tsp pepper. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from pan and place in a bowl lined with paper towel to soak any excess oil.
4. While the chickpeas are cooking, wash and cut your vegetables – tomato, cucumber, onion, olives and jalapenos
5. In the same pan you roasted the chickpeas, add a touch more olive oil and lightly toast the naan bread, a few minutes on each side until golden brown
6. Build your gyro! On warm naan, spread a generous dollop of tzatziki – add chickpeas, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, onion, and a few jalapenos. Top with feta cheese and a sprinkle of dried oregano!
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!
Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is valuable and all. However think of if you added some
great photos or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!
Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this blog could definitely be one of the greatest in its field.