Crunchy Kale Salad
A delicious and hearty salad – full of nutrient rich ingredients!
With the snow melting and the temperatures climbing, it’s time to trade in soup for salads!
This one is full of hardy vegetables that will keep you feeling full. Kale provides a healthy serving of plant based protein while having minimal affect on your blood sugar (glycemic load). Loads of vitamins A, C & K packed in as well!
Surprisingly this salad can last a few days in the fridge, dressing and all, so it is a great addition to packed lunches
- 1 head of kale finely chopped
- 1/2 purple cabbage finely chopped
- 1/2 purple onion finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup braggs (soy aminos)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Lemon juice (1-2 tbsp)
- Salt & pepper
1. In a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil and the sunflower seeds. Mixing frequently for 5 mins or until toasted. Set aside to cool
2. While sunflower seeds are toasting, wash and finely chop your vegetables – kale, onion, cabbage and carrots. Set aside
3. In a blender add the soy aminos, olive oil, garlic, thyme and lemon juice. Pulse for 30 seconds, until mixed
4. Add cooled sunflower seeds to the kale mixture and toss with the dressing. I would advise adding a little dressing at a time, taste and adjust. The dressing can be powerful, so you don’t want it to overtake the salad
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!