Peanut Butter Oat Breakfast Bars
Quick little nibbles to take on the run!
Hands up if your house is absolute chaos in the morning?! I find the kiddos aren’t super hungry right when they wake up, but always seem to want a “snack” as we’re about to get in the car. I was tired of tossing them granola bars so I figured I’d whip up a homemade alternative.
These bars are super moist and full of nutrients with a little sweetness. Whole ingredients (if you don’t count the chocolate chips!), minimal additives and full of fibre.
They seem to only last a few days in our house so I like to double up the recipe and freeze the extras so we have back up. I pull them out the night before so they’re soft and ready to be gobbled up!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup vanilla oat milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place silicone liners on baking tray. You can make these any shape you like – I usually do a combo of mini muffins and bars
2. In a large bowl, mash banana using a fork. Add to that the peanut butter and combine using a whisk. Continue adding milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until combined
3. Add in dry ingredients – oats, baking powder, cinnamon, flax and salt. Mix altogether. Fold in chocolate chips
4. Using a cookie scoop, fill the silicone baking sheet right to the top
5. If using the mini muffin liner, bake for 40 mins, until the edges are golden brown. If using the bar liner, bake for 50 mins
Keep stored in the fridge in an air tight container. These bars last 3-4 days – any extras you can freeze and pull out as you need!
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!