Rainbow Vegetable Salad Rolls
So fun, so messy and so tasty!
So fun, so messy and so tasty! These salad rolls are filled to the brim with tasty crunchy veggies, dipped in a delicious spicy peanuty sauce!
You can get creative and add a variety of vegetables – whatever you have fresh in the fridge – radish, asparagus, lettuce, beets etc.
While this recipe is veggie, you can add some delicious prawns or chicken to the roll.
Summer is on its way – save this recipe for those hot days you don’t want to turn on the stove!
- white rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame beans
- rice paper sheets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-2 carrots, thinly sliced/matchstick
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced (cut out seeds)
- handful of thai basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce/soy aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp-1/4 cup water
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
1. Begin by prepping your vegetables – thinly slice cucumber (removing the center seeds), carrots, red pepper, Thai basil and purple cabbage
2. Next, add the vermicelli noodles into a bowl and pour boiling hot water on top. Do the same with the edamame beans. Set aside and let soak until soft
3. Using a sheet pan, add cool water. Soak 1 sheet of rice paper in the water for 10 seconds. When you pull the sheet out, you’ll notice it is still a little stiff – that’s ok, it will continue softening as you build the roll
4. Layer on a few of each vegetable and a healthy portion of the noodles in the center of the rice paper. Roll like a burrito – folding in the sides and then tuck up the back and roll. Set on top of paper towel
5. Dipping Sauce – mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, lime and sriracha. Use the water to thin out the sauce to a consistency you like. Cut the salad rolls in half – serve – dip – enjoy!!
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!