Roasted Quinoa Harvest Salad
This salad is packed full of flavours and the perfect addition to any table!
I’m not sure why but I rarely share my salad recipes! This is one of my absolute favourites for so many reasons!
Have you ever tried roasting your quinoa? I first tried roasting cooked quinoa but the taste was really off – so I tried roasting dry quinoa and it’s AMAZING! It adds the perfect amount of crunch, flavour and extra nutrients!
- Greens – I prefer something hardy like a kale or arugula but any type of lettuce goes!
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, cored & sliced
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2-3 gloves garlic
- sea salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cover baking sheet with parchment.
2. Let the quinoa soak in water for 3-5 minutes, drain, and then spread evenly onto your baking sheet. Place in oven for 25 minutes total.
3. While quinoa is roasting add 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder into a small bowl. At the 10 minute mark of roasting, sprinkle half of the seasoning over the quinoa. Toss and continue roasting for another 15 minutes.
4. When quinoa is finished, toss with the remainder of the seasoning and set aside.
1. Rinse cannded chickpeas with water and place into frying fan over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add almonds, salt and pepper and cook for 8 minutes – stirring frequently so they don’t burn.
2. Add in 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp paprika. Cook for a few more minutes and remove from pan into a bowl lined with paper towel.
1. Using a high power blender, mix olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper.
Okay! Let’s build the salad! Over a bed of greens add apples, radishes, generous scoops of roasted chickpeas, quinoa and almonds. Top with grated parmesan and dressing!
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!