This super delicious, ultra simple recipe is a weeknight staple in our house. Full of flavour, minimal ingredients and quick cook time makes this a family favourite of mine! This one skillet salmon is for those nights when you’re craving something fancy, but need to keep things quick and easy too – under 30 minutes!
I tend to be a repeat offender of weekday meals. Don’t we all? I’m often rushing home from work and trying to whip up something that is quick (hello after daycare hangries) but also hits my food groups – protein, fats, and fibre. I often times default to salmon, basa or prawns because they thaw so well! I can pull it out of the freezer in the morning and place in the fridge – thawed by the time I’m home from work.
While this recipe isn’t just quick and involves minimal ingredients – it’s also so flavourful! I’m really trying to playing around with different flavours and not just default to spice (like I usually do) so that the twins can eat the meal as well. Often I find myself making one version for them and one version for us because we love spice so much. This garlic butter salmon is a fantastic meet-in-the-middle type meal – we’re all happy!
- comes together in less than 30 minutes
- minimal ingredients you likely have on hand
- can prep extra so you have leftovers for lunch
- no spice! so it’s toddler friendly
- salmon is such a great source of vitamin B12, vitamin D and iron
Ingredients for Sticky Garlic Butter Salmon
Super simple list of ingredients for this delicious dish –
- Salmon fillets: I’m a Costco junky, so I always buy the large fillet of salmon and cut it into reasonable sized pieces and freeze as needed.
- Garlic: I suggest using fresh chopped garlic. I’ve tried grating the garlic and I find it either burns, or the flavour doesn’t fully come through.
- Butter: Be sure to use salted butter for extra flavour. You could also try subbing out the butter for coconut oil for a different flavour profile.
- Honey: If you are out of honey, you can also sub brown sugar instead.
Directions for Sticky Garlic Butter Salmon
- Start with the salmon. I love to use skin-on salmon filets for best flavour. From what I’ve read, the skin is where a lot of the healthy oils are. It also helps to keep the salmon moist while cooking.
- When melting the butter you will want to stay close, continuously watching, so that it doesn’t burn. No one wants burn butter salmon 🙂
- If you’d like to add some spicy to the dish, when adding in your garlic and lemon – toss in a pinch of chili flakes. This will add a nice spice profile without masking the sweet honey buttery garlic flavour.
- If I’m wanting a more citrusy flavoured salmon, I will juice the entire lemon and add the zest as well. I’ve also added the lemon halves directly into the skillet as I place in the oven. They cook up so nicely!
- One majorly important step is to based the salmon. Absolutely with a couple of minutes to go, spoon the butter mixture over the fish – but often times I will spoon it multiple times while cooking. Totally up to you.
- I love to serve this over jasmine rice with a side of fresh green beans. My absolute favourite!
Looking for other quick summery dinners? Try :Print