Sticky Sesame Ginger Turkey Meatballs
The flavours combine together so nicely and coat the meatball so deliciously.
Same old turkey meatball recipe I always use, just spicing it up with a new ooey, gooey sauce!
The flavours combine together so nicely and coat the meatball so deliciously. I make the basic sauce for the kids and then add extra spice with chili flakes and sriracha to mine.
These meatballs freeze really well so you can pull them out at meal time – heat, cook a fresh pot of rice and sauce. Dinner is served!
- 1 package of ground turkey (approx 2lbs)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 finely diced green onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (coconut or soy aminos)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4-5 cloves grated garlic
- 1-2 inch piece of grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- Chili flakes/sriracha (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Start to cook your rice as well – I typically use a rice cooker, so I set it and forget it! I find jasmine rice goes best with the flavours of these meatballs but any rice will do!
2. Mix together by hand, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, green onion, eggs, garlic powder and salt & pepper. Make sure all of the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture holds together nicely
3. Using a cookie scoop, create balls and place on baking tray. The cookie scoop allows for the balls to be the same size which means they will all cook evenly. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes total (depending on the size you make). Flip half way
4. While meatballs are in the oven, prep your sauce. In a pan combine over medium-low heat, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger and chili flakes. Using a whisk, continuously stir as the mixture comes to a bubble. Add in the cornstarch and turn the heat down to low – continuously whisking – the sauce should begin to thicken
5. As meatballs come out of the oven, toss into pan with the sauce to coat. Lay on a bed of rice, garnishing with sesame seeds, green onions and fresh cucumber slices
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!