These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!Print
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
- Total Time: 35 MINUTES
- Yield: 20 MUFFINS 1x
These delicious muffins are soft, moist and so full of honey orange flavor!
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 4 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (i prefer greek yogurt)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- extra: 1/2 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, orange zest, orange juice, coconut oil, vanilla yogurt and vanilla extract until combine.
- Add to the bowl, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and hemp seeds. Continue whisking until everything is combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each 2/3 of the way. I prefer to use an ice cream scoop to keep the size of the muffin consistent. I like to top mine with craisins for some added flavor, but this step is totally extra.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Muffins will stay fresh in an air-tight container for up to 4 days on the counter or transfer to the fridge for 6 days.
Keywords: orange, hemp, muffins, hemp muffins, baking, school safe snack