Jalapeño Prosciutto Mac & Cheese
This dish is quite easy to make – there are a few steps, but don’t let that intimidate you!
WHOA! I’ve finally nailed my mac and cheese. I found it was either too dry or too creamy or not enough flavour – finally nailed it! This dish is quite easy to make – there are a few steps, but don’t let that intimidate you! Prep time is maybe 20 mins – you can assemble it, stick it in the fridge and then pull out and bake 20 mins before eating. So so delicious! If the twins are eating this dish, I use one jalapeño – but if it’s adults-only I use 2-3!
- 4 cups of pasta noodles (anything works but I prefer the corkscrews)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups shredded cheese (i prefer a blend of old white cheddar and tex mex)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup loosely chopped prosciutto
- Salt and pepper
✖️Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep your ingredients – once you start the sauce, things move fast! Dice up your jalapeños, shred cheese, chop garlic prosciutto – set to the side
✖️Bring water to a boil and add pasta noodles – cook till el dante (around 2-3 mins less than the time suggested). Drain pasta and return to empty pot
✖️While your cooking the pasta begin on your sauce –
– melt 3 tbsp of butter over med heat
– add in jalapeños and garlic just to soften (only a few mins)
– gradually whisk in 3 tbsp of flour. Continue whisking for 30 sec
– whisk in 2 1/2 cups of milk
– cook the mixture over med heat until it comes to a low boil and thickens (approx 5 mins). Whisking often
Honey Orange Hemp Muffins
These Honey Orange Hemp muffins have become a family favorite. They are moist, flavorful and provide a solid dose of nutrients!
Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls
These Sheet Pan Tomato Greek Bowls are a great way to get ahead of weekday meal prep. Comes together in 20 minutes, full of flavour and checks all the boxes - fat, fibre and protein.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Box Cookies are loaded with delicious bites of peanut butter chipits, moist cake-like texture and sweet peanut butter drizzle! The best part? They come together in under 30 minutes using only one bowl and five ingredients!